I’ve said it before and I will say it again, a website isn’t like the Field of Dreams, If you build it doesn’t mean they will come. You have to advertise that you have a business and push people to the site where you can make a sale. Think about it, even Nike, a billion dollar company and a household name, runs ads. Why? because they need to let people know that they have something available for them to purchase. There are some people that just randomly check the Nike site (my husband loves Nike so he checks it weekly) and then there are others, like me, who go to their site when I see an ad or someone talk about them. I’m assuming you and Nike don’t have the same marketing budget, but there are some ways you can get your site in front of the right people and increase your website visibility. Let’s get started on ways to have your site feel like Tupac…..All Eyes On Me.
Leverage your SEO: Search Engine Optimization (SEO) plays a vital role in improving your website’s visibility on search engine result pages.
- Keyword research: The buzzword around SEO, but most are not sure what it entails. Identify relevant keywords and key phrases related to your business and incorporate them into your website content, page titles, meta tags, and image alt tags. Where you do you research them? Semrush is a tool I like and Google Trends. Both can help you decide on your keywords and choosing ones that align with your business will increase your website visibility.
- High-quality content: Create engaging and informative content that addresses your target audience’s needs and interests. Regularly update your website with fresh content to attract search engines and visitors. Have photos and copy that keeps people reading and on your page. You have to keep it spicy, whatever spicy is to do… to some people mild is spicy, no judgement.
- Link building: Focus on acquiring high-quality backlinks from reputable websites within your industry. This can be achieved through guest blogging, collaborations, and engaging with influencers or industry experts. People need more than one way to find you! We will make the people stay on the site with UX, but you have to do some work to get them there. That’s right baby, you have to be seen and stop hiding.
Leverage your Social Media: Social media platforms provide an excellent opportunity to showcase your business and direct traffic to your website
- Choose the right platforms: Identify the social media channels where your target audience is most active. This could include platforms such as Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, or niche-specific platforms and show-up. Show-up as yourself because people buy from people. They want to know who you are as a person.
- Consistent branding: Maintain a cohesive brand image across all social media profiles. Use captivating visuals, compelling copy, and consistent messaging to reinforce your brand identity. Don’t switch your colors more than you switch your underwear. You are confusing people. We know the golden arches because it has been the same for over 40 years.
- Engage and interact: Regularly engage with your followers, respond to comments and messages, and participate in relevant conversations. Actively share your website content on social media to drive traffic back to your site. One of my pet peeves is linktree. You can create your own “link tree” on your website and guess what….. that is creating traffic on your website. More traffic, more visibility.
Collaborate and network within your community: Building a strong network and collaborating with fellow entrepreneurs can significantly enhance your website visibility.
- Join relevant communities: Emphasis on the word relevant. Seek out local or online communities specifically designed for entrepreneurs or businesses that have common goals and values. These platforms provide opportunities for collaboration, sharing resources, and cross-promotion and will help with increasing your website visibility.
- Guest blogging, podcast and partnerships: Collaborate with other businesses or bloggers within your industry to create guest blogging or podcast opportunities. This enables you to tap into their existing audience and vice versa, driving more traffic to your website. You have to constantly expand your audience to increase your website visibility.
- Attend industry events: Participate in conferences, workshops, and trade shows within your niche. These events offer networking opportunities and the chance to connect with potential customers, partners, and influencers.
Remember, increasing website visibility is an ongoing process, it is not a one and done tool. It requires consistent effort and adaptability. Stay informed about the latest trends and continue to refine your strategies to achieve optimal results. Or listen to our podcast More Than a Brand to learn more ways about improving your website. Listen Now